The SixAppealWheelGroup      

Get 'Six Appeal' here !

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Paint Codes

John D

Does anyone know a reference for the paint codes for my TACR2a, exterior red, cab interior etc?

--

December 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

garrytacr

Hi.John

Signal red the old code no.BS 381 C 537

The interior of mine which is an early one isBS 381 631 Light Grey

The later ones were BS 381C 216 Eau-De-Nil

Garry     

December 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John D

Hi Garry

Firstly forgot my manners and didn't thank you for your reply. I am hoping to start painting some bits in the near future.

May be a silly question but is the Signal red a light red (perhaps with a hint of orange). I know mine has been re-sprayed at some point, in just eyeing up what colour to paint it, I do not think that a deep red would suit it and it would be nice to get it in it's original colour and to match anyone else on the rally field.

Regarding cab colours, my interior is a very light almost white finish, which I am guessing would be BS 381 631 Light Grey?

Where as Eau-De-Nil - I think is quite green? (in fact I am sure our lounge has a Laura Ashley shade of this on the walls!). Am I right that TACR2's (as opposed to TACR2a's) seem to have quite distinct green interiors. Would this be Eau- De Nil or was there something different on the early ones.

As for the rear locker, was this the same as the respective cab interior or different again?

Lastly! Any recommendations for paint suppliers?

Thanks

John

--

February 1, 2012 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John D

Garry, just wanted to say that I had some samples made up. The red is spot on ( real bright almost flourescent red) and it appears that when mine was previously re-sprayed it was done in the correct colour.

Many thanks, can't wait to one day have it all re-sprayed!

March 17, 2012 at 7:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Walt Davis
Site Owner

John, Added that new section in forums, thanks..:)

--

Walt.

Group Founder/Manager

www.TheSixAppealWheelGroup.org

album.sixappealwheel.org

March 17, 2012 at 7:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

garrytacr

John D at February 1, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Hi Garry

Firstly forgot my manners and didn't thank you for your reply. I am hoping to start painting some bits in the near future.

May be a silly question but is the Signal red a light red (perhaps with a hint of orange). I know mine has been re-sprayed at some point, in just eyeing up what colour to paint it, I do not think that a deep red would suit it and it would be nice to get it in it's original colour and to match anyone else on the rally field.

Regarding cab colours, my interior is a very light almost white finish, which I am guessing would be BS 381 631 Light Grey?

Where as Eau-De-Nil - I think is quite green? (in fact I am sure our lounge has a Laura Ashley shade of this on the walls!). Am I right that TACR2's (as opposed to TACR2a's) seem to have quite distinct green interiors. Would this be Eau- De Nil or was there something different on the early ones.

As for the rear locker, was this the same as the respective cab interior or different again?

Lastly! Any recommendations for paint suppliers?

Thanks

John

Paint codes I stand corrected. The paint code for the interior and rear locker on my 1974 T.A.C.R is BS 381C LIGHT AIRCRAFT GREY as found in the cab on the rear bulkhead behind the seat headrests. Garry
November 8, 2017 at 9:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.